James Boswell Cursus | VWO Exam Biology
The VWO Biology exam covers the entire Dutch VWO Biology programme.
For more information, consult the translation of the programme.
- Basic knowledge of the cell
- Human reproduction and embryological development
- Gas exchange and blood circulation
- Nutrition and digestion
- The nervous system
- Hormones and the endocrine system
- The immune system
- Mendelian genetics
- Molecular basis of inheritance
- From gene to protein
- Introduction to metabolism
- Cellular respiration and fermentation
- Plant form and function
- Diversity and phylogeny
- Animal behaviour
- Calculator: consult the general exam page to see which calculators are permitted. Graphical calculators are not permitted.
- Binas English Edition without notes
- Pen and pencil
You will have to identify yourself during the exam. A photo ID is required: Passport, EU-Identity card, or EU-driving licence.
James Boswell Examens are held on various locations in Utrecht. You can find the specific location below. General information on the location and addresses can be found at the general exam page under the examlocations heading. If the location is to be announced, it will published on this page on a later date.
It is possible to take a preparatory course during the James Boswell Summerprogramme.
You can register up to five work days before the examdate.