James Boswell Cursus | VWO Exam Chemistry
The VWO Chemistry exam covers the entire Dutch VWO Chemistry programme.
For more information, consult the translation of the programme.
- Atomic Model: protons, neutrons, electrons, isotopes
- The Periodic Table: alkali metals, earth metals, halogens, nobel gasses
- The Periodic Table: reactivity, ionic charge
- Ionic solids, solubility
- Atomic bond, electronegativity, dipole
- Intermolecular interactions: van der Waals forces, dipole-dipole, hydrogen bonds
- Hydrophylic and hydrophobic solvents, solubility
- Chemical calculations: the mole, stochiometric amount and excess, efficiency
- Chemical calculations: concentration
- Ideal gasses: Gas Law, molar volume
- Energy diagrams, reaction rate, order of a reaction, catalysts
- Equilibrium: partitioning, solubility constant, gas equilibria
- Equiulibrium: influence of temperature and pressure
- Acid-base equilibria, strong and weak acids and bases, Ka, Kb, pH, pKa and pKb
- Buffers, conjugated base and conjugated acid
- Titration, equivalence point, back titration
- Redox: half reaction, total reaction, standard potential, predicting reactions
- Redox: the electrochemical cell, the car battery, Ni-Cd battery
- Organic chemistry: alkanes, alkenes and alkynes, alcohols, amines
- Organic chemistry: ethers, ketones, aldehydes, carboxylic acids, aromatic compounds
- Reactions in organic chemistry: substitution and addition, esters and condensation reactions
- Organic chemistry: cis-trans isomerism, asymmetric centre, optical activity, stereo isomerism
- Polymers: addition polymerisation, condensation polymerisation, thermoplastic and them setting materials
- Biochemistry: amino acids, dipeptides, proteins, DNA, RNA, tRNA, translation, transcription
- Biochemistry: carbohydrates, poly-carbohydrates
- Chemical Analysis: chromatography, gas chromatography, mass spectra, IR-spectra
- Chemical Industry: bulk processing, continuous and batch processing
- Calculator: consult the general exam page to see which calculators are permitted. Graphical calculators are not permitted.
- Binas English Edition without notes
- Pen and pencil
You will have to identify yourself during the exam. A photo ID is required: Passport, EU-Identity card, or EU-driving licence.
James Boswell Examens are held on various locations in Utrecht. You can find the specific location below. General information on the location and addresses can be found at the general exam page under the examlocations heading. If the location is to be announced, it will published on this page on a later date.
It is possible to take a preparatory course during the James Boswell Summerprogramme.
You can register up to five work days before the examdate.